Rome. Following the General Chapter of 2018, there have been various changes in the friar personnel of the General Curia that we have not yet published.
The following friars finished their service in the Curia:
- Br. Giampiero Gambaro (Province of Genoa, Italy) was legal representative of the Order and carried out this service from 2003 until April of 2019.
- Br. Erivan Araújo de Souza (Province of Bahia and Sergipe, Brazil) was in charge of the current archives and protocol. He started in December 2011 and returned to his Province in November 2018.
- Br. Alejandro Josué Núñez Ennabe (General Custody of Honduras-Guatemala-El Salvador): was first Promoter of International Solidarity (2013), then Secretary of International Solidarity, and finally General Treasurer of the Order (2015). He returned to his Custody in June 2019.
- Br. Tarcisio Mascia (Province of Sardinia and Corsica, Italy) arrived in the Curia in May 2017 for assistance in the General Secretariat. He was then appointed Second Vice General Secretary. He returned to his Province in March 2019.
- Br. Hugo Martín Mejía Morales (Province of Peru), in addition to being a General Councilor in the last sexennium, was also Mission Secretary from 2013 until April 2019.
At the same time, new friars have arrived in the Curia, called to the following services:
- Br. Patrick McSherry (Province of Calvary, USA) is in charge of the current archives and protocol. He started in May 2018.
- Br. Piero Vivoli (Province of Tuscany, Italy) was appointed General Treasurer in May 2019.
- Br. Onofrio Farìnola (Province of Bari, Italy) was appointed Second Vice General Secretary in May 2019.
- Br. Alfredo Rava (Province of Emilia-Romagna, Italy) was appointed legal representative of the Order in May 2019.
- Br. John Russo (Province of New Jersey, USA) was appointed Secretary for the English language in January 2019.
- Br. Ricardo Luiz Farias de Santana (Custody of the Amazon and Roraima, Brazil) was appointed Secretary for the Portuguese language and Vice Archivist in January 2019.
Our thanks go to the brothers who have finished their service in the Curia, and to the new brothers we wish all the best for what they too will do during their time here. May the Lord bless them all.